Replacement windows may not be at the top of your list of home improvement projects, but perhaps they should be. When you notice that your windows are foggy, drafty, difficult to open and close, or have rotten frames or sills, it’s time to examine the tremendous benefits of replacement windows. New windows save energy, provide consistent temperatures in your home, improve your home’s curb appeal and increase security. In addition, if you ever choose to sell your home, replacement windows can yield up to a 73 percent return on investment.
1. Replacement Windows Save You Money Now and Later
Purchasing new windows might seem costly at first glance, but after evaluating your monthly energy savings year after year, it’s one of the best home improvements you can make. Older, single-pane windows are often the source of up to 70 percent of your home’s heat loss. In contrast, energy-efficient replacement windows are designed specifically to keep heat in or out, depending on the season.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF NEW REPLACEMENT WINDOWS
- New windows keep extreme weather outside. Energy-efficient windows can reduce the demand on your heating and cooling systems by up to 25 percent allowing you to make your home more comfortable at a lower cost.
- Premium window insulation. Double- or triple-pane replacement windows are now filled with gas, typically argon or krypton, to help keep air from escaping your home.
- “Low-e” (low thermal emissivity) windows have a very thin coating applied to the glass. This coating reflects various solar waves, such as long-wave infrared energy (or heat) from the sun, keeping your home more comfortable. Combined with double- or triple-pane glass and argon or krypton gas, low-e coatings can significantly improve the thermal efficiency of your windows.
Not only will you see immediate savings in your monthly costs, but you might be able to receive instant savings offered through rebates for new windows from your utility company. You may also be able to claim a deduction on your income taxes for your energy-efficient replacement windows.
2. New Windows Will Increase Your Home’s Worth
If you replace your windows tomorrow and sell your home the following day, you will be able to recoup the majority of your cost. That alone makes it a worthy investment. Better yet, stay in your home and choose new Jeld Wen Windows you can enjoy for many years to come, knowing they are an excellent investment as well as a beautiful addition to your home
There are other monetary benefits of new windows. Your property value may increase, which also increases your resale value. An often overlooked benefit of replacement windows is curb appeal. The ever-increasing selection of window types, sizes, colors, hardware finishes and styles allows you to match your windows to your home’s design or update its look. The continuity of your home’s appearance can greatly influence the appraisal of your home. Curb appeal can make or break the sale of a home.
Additionally, replacement windows with multiple locks can also lower your insurance costs. This added value also increases appeal to a potential homebuyer. Emotional security certainly adds to the appeal and perceived worth of your home.
3. The Comfort of Replacement Windows
Your home is your castle. It’s the place you live, learn and grow. It’s the place you go for comfort. The benefits of replacement windows are far greater than the cost. They improve your home’s overall environment with benefits like natural light, noise reduction, improved views and custom style. New windows can offer UV protection for walls, fabrics, flooring and furniture, which lengthens the life and quality of your home’s interior. They also require very little maintenance, allowing you more time for activities you enjoy. Consider the benefits of new windows for your home and how they can improve your quality of life
When it comes to your home, we know that it is very important that you choose the right contractor. At Maverick Remodeling we pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with our clients. We do this by offering professional craftsmanship, quality products, and exceptional customer service.
BJ and Kaysie Stamplee